COST Action CA19114 is offering a financial support to eligible applicants to carry out a Short Term Scientific Mission (STSM) that will specifically contribute to the scientific objectives of this COST Action. STSMs facilitate scientists going to an institution or laboratory in another country to foster collaboration, to learn a new technique or to take measurements using instruments and/or methods not available in their own institution/laboratory. STSMs are intended especially, but not solely, for young researchers: PhD students and Early Career Investigators (ECI, up to 8 years after award of a PhD).
Deadline for this call: applications may be submitted at any time; however, the STSMs should be completed by 30th September 2021.
- are described in the COST Vademecum, SECTION 8, pages 31-32, STSMs have a minimum duration of 5 calendar days that includes travel; all STSMs have to be finalized prior to 30th September 2021, STSM grants are a fixed contribution based on the budget requested by the applicant and the evaluation of the application by the Action Chair/STSM Coordinator/Committee. This grant will not necessarily cover all expenses; it is intended only as a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the participant, the calculation of this contribution for a STSM is based on the following rules:
- maximal reimbursement rate per day is EUR 160,
- maximum EUR 3,500 in total can be afforded to each successful applicant.
- Please note that the awarded grant will be paid only after the STSM has been completed and the STSM report has been approved by the Action Chair/STSM Coordinator/Committee.
Therefore, the applicants must have approval and prior financial support e.g. from their own institution.
Please complete the application form and send the following documents to the STSM Committee (information below):
- eligible STSM applicants must have an e-COST profile and shall submit their STSM applications online at the following web address: www.e-services.cost.eu;
- cover letter, explaining how your work will benefit from this STSM and how this STSM will contribute to the achievement of the COST CA19114 objectives;
- work plan specifying what you intend to do (500-800 words), the start and end dates;
- written agreement of the Host Institution;
- letter of support from the Home Institution;
- CV (2 pages);
- list of publications.